Dan is a certified public accountant with 25-plus years of diverse experience in public accounting and business operations. His practice now focuses on litigation consulting, forensic accounting and business advisory services.
As a business consultant, Dan is involved with corporate restructurings, creditors’ rights work, receiverships, CFO/CEO services (interim management), turnaround management, senior debt and private equity financings, complex accounting and tax matters, and corporate finance support services for attorneys, corporate executives, lenders and private equity involving SEC reporting or privately held companies.
Dan’s industry experience spans manufacturing, distribution, professional and industrial services, dealerships, software development, e-commerce, construction, real estate development and HOA’s, government contracting, hospitality, leisure travel, and not-for-profit organizations.
Dan has been qualified as an expert witness in state and federal courts for corporate investigations and business disputes and has served as a court-appointed Special Master.
Certifications & Education
Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) – American Institute of Certified Public Accounts
Certified Public Accountant – American Institute of Certified Public Accounts, Licensed in Florida
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting – University of Northern Iowa
Before joining FairValue Advisors, Dan was the managing director of Gallogly Auditing & Consulting, LLC based in Orlando, Florida. His extensive forensic accounting experience includes managing director of Gallogly, Fernandez & Riley, LLP and managing director of the Orlando office of BDO USA.
Prior to relocating to Orlando in 1986, Dan was an accountant with the Auditor General of the State of Iowa.
Dan has been involved with many business organizations including:
- Past President and Board Member of Financial Executives International (FEI) – Central Florida Chapter
- Turnaround Management Association – Central Florida Chapter
- Member of the Central Florida Christian Chamber of Commerce
- Founding board member of the Orlando chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth
- Co-founder and chairman of the Orlando chapter of Financial Executives Networking Group
- Committee member of the Orlando chapter of Financial Executives International
- Co-organizer of the CEO Solutions Forum at Rollins College
- Advisory board member of the University of Central Florida Technology Incubator
- Volunteer business consultant and former chairman of the Emerging Business Network, the technology business monitoring group within Central Florida Innovation Corporation